We’ve been green for many years. You just never knew it!
It’s clear that the environment is top of mind these days and for good reason. That’s why you’ll be happy to know that each auto wrecker member of Parts Plus has been making significant contributions to protecting the environment since day one.
In fact, Parts Plus auto wreckers recycle over 80% of every vehicle we process, saving tonnes of scrap metal each year and maximising the re-use of materials that might otherwise pollute the environment.
Some Interesting Facts About Auto Recyclers and Auto Wreckers:
- We are one of the Top 20 largest industries in Australia.
- The auto wrecker industry within Australia recycle hundreds of thousands of cars , buses, trucks and motorcycles every year, saving the equivalent of thousands of barrels of oil that would otherwise be used in the manufacture of new replacement parts worldwide.
- Additional energy and resource conservation is achieved by recycling rebuildable core parts for automotive parts re-builders and scrap metal processors.
- We supply over 30% of all ferrous scrap (iron & steel) to our nation’s scrap processing industry.
- We hold down Insurance rates by purchasing inoperative vehicles from insurance companies, allowing them to recover some of their losses. Insurance companies are the automotive recyclers major source of vehicles.
- We are an important source of hard-to-find parts and components.
- We help keep Australia’s highways and roads clear of abandoned and disabled vehicles by providing State and Local authorities with a place to deposit these vehicles.
- We reduce pollution. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, when a mill uses scrap iron and steel in place of ore, there is an 86% reduction in air pollution, a 76% reduction in water pollution and a 105% reduction in solid waste.
- Auto wreckers sell the majority of their inventory to commercial repair operations; including body/panel shops, new and used car dealers, mechanical repair shops and car and truck fleets. These professionals know the value of recycled auto parts.
- We offer wholesale and retail customers quality parts that sell for up to 50% less than the comparable new part.
- We offer substantial warranties on recycled auto parts that often are better than the manufacturer’s new part warranty.
- We can often locate parts faster than new part dealers because we are linked via Internet and/or National Communications Systems to dealers in other cities and states.
- We sell whole components rather than dozens of little parts, saving consumers and repair shops time and money for repair work.